Sunday, February 8, 2009

When To Call It Quits..Just Go Ahead And Get The Michael Jordan


Now I'm playing this one one close to the chest. I've seen the men in my family, every last one of them, hairline back up like traffic on 85 going south through Atlanta 4:30p.m. on a Thursday. Hell my own father (yes my sperm donor), flesh and blood, set me up for failure when I was little. He attempted to save $$ and teach me lesson about the upkeep of my hair by using some old clippers that he only had a 1" inch guard for. He told me if I couldn't keep my hair from looking nappy he would "cut it all off!"...BALD!! AGAINST THE GRAIN!! WTF man! He then (with the same raggedy ass clippers) attempted to edge me up. ARE YOU SERIOUS? The damn clippers were biting so hard I jumped and he ended up putting two devil pits on the most visible part of my hairline. A professional barber had to take my hairline back another inch just to fix it. I was 9. Now after 21 years of cutting my hair and changing barbers, my original hairline is a myth now, just something I told myself existed.

ALL THAT TO SAY.....

Given my genetic disposition and careless acts of others, I will be bald headed by age 45. But where I will be different from my predecessors is that mine will be by choice. Because we know, without choice, we would not exist

it is choice that guides us
choice that connects us
choice that pulls
choice that drives us
it is choice that defines us
choice that binds us...

So make the right choice. Don't let your hairline progressively disappear. Its not a good look.
I'd like to thank the following for making being bald a good thing:
Michael Jordan, Boris Kudjoe, Tyrese, Tyson Beckford and Vin Diesel....stand up take a bow, this guy owes you a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think.....