Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Emotional Rollercoasters...And why I refuse to ride them pt.2



So after all of that I pulled out the only thing that brings some clarity to the thoughts running thru my head and I sat down and this is what came out..the more I think I can understand the opposite sex the more I dont...I used to have the ability to get in, buckle up and take anything they could throw at me. These days that thrill is dead and I want no parts of it....enjoy

I'm an Emotional Idiot
so get away from me.
I mean,
COME HERE.
Wait, no,
that's too close
give me some space
it's a big country,
there's plenty of room,
don't sit so close to me.
Hey, where are you?
I haven't seen you in days.
What are you having an affair?
Who is she?
Come on,
aren't I enough for you?
God,
You're so cold.
I never know what you're thinking.
You're not very affectionate.
I mean,
you're clipping to me,
DON'T TOUCH ME,
what am I, your fucking cat?
Don't rub me like that.
Don't you have anything better to do
than sit there fawning over me?
Don't you have any interests?
Hobbies?
Sailing Fly Fishing
Archeology?
There's an archeology expedition leaving tomorrow
why don't you go?
I'll loan you the money,
my money is your money.
my life is your life
my soul is yours
without you I'm nothing.
Move in with me
we'll get a studio apartment together, save on rent,
well, wait, I mean, a one bedroom,
so we don't get in each other's hair or anything
or, well,
maybe a two bedroom,
it's nothing personal
I just need to be alone sometimes,
you do understand
don't you?
Hey, why are you acting distant?
Where are you going,
was it something I said?
What
what did I do?
I'm an emotional idiot
so get away from me
I mean,
MARRY ME.

4 comments:

  1. interesting to say the least...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oddly enough..it sounds completely normal to feel all those things ;(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Antoine, you hit the nail on the head with this one. You don't realize how completely absurd this whole ‘relationship’ thing can get until you put it down on paper. Like the person before me, I’ve felt all of these emotions at least one time or another and they usually all happen at once. Relationships are supposed to be easy and when they work, they work (or at least that’s what they say, the verdict is still out for me). Until then, we’re faced with being lead down one disappointing road after another. I used to try to understand it but I’ve come to the conclusion that relationships are like rainbows and sea monkey…they don’t make sense.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think.....